Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association (AIHA) is seeking a motivated student for a summer placement to assist with communications, marketing, stakeholder relations, and administrative projects.
ABOUT ALBERTA’S INDUSTRIAL HEARTLAND ASSOCIATION
AIHA is a non-profit organization based in Fort Saskatchewan. The organization promotes and plans for sustainable industrial development in Alberta’s Industrial Heartland – a $35 billion region which is home to some of the world’s largest industrial companies. Main activities of the Association include investment attraction, planning, and advocacy.
The summer position is 35 hours per week from approximately June 15th – August 25th. It is based at the AIHA office in Fort Saskatchewan. Some travel within the Edmonton region may be required.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently within a team environment. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting research and providing support for business development and advocacy activities
- Writing and editing communications materials intended for internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with data collection, entry, and analysis
- Assisting with organizing meetings, tours, events, and activities
- Assisting with administration projects as required
- Minimum one year post-secondary in a marketing, communications, political science or business program
- Strong understanding and proficiency in using computers and electronic based communications including websites and social media
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Ability to work independently in an office environment
Applications for this position will be accepted until noon MST on Friday, May 19, 2017.
Applications (cover letter and resume) and questions must be submitted in electronic format to:
Vanessa Goodman, Director of Communications
Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association