SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association (AIHA) is seeking a Senior Business Development Officer to join the AIHA team, based in Fort Saskatchewan.
ABOUT ALBERTA’S INDUSTRIAL HEARTLAND ASSOCIATION
Alberta’s Industrial Heartland (AIH) is Canada’s largest hydrocarbon processing region, with 40+ companies that provide fuels, fertilizers, power, petrochemicals and more to provincial and global consumers. AIH is guided by a non-profit association of municipalities dedicated to sustainable eco-industrial development. Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association (AIHA) was created in 1998 by the municipalities who each had land within the geographic area of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, and currently is comprised of five members (Strathcona County, Sturgeon County, Lamont County, City of Fort Saskatchewan and City of Edmonton) and three associate members (Town of Bruderheim, Town of Redwater and Town of Gibbons). A leading principal of AIHA is promoting responsible development within the region, which includes ensuring the region is ready for development in its infrastructure, services, and land use zoning principles. Together, the municipalities take a proactive and cooperative approach to planning and industrial development.
Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the Senior Business Development Officer is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies for a successful business development program, identifying high potential investor opportunities and fostering investor relationships, providing technical support and planning information to potential investors, and developing business case scenarios required for long-term investment attraction efforts for AIHA.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, execute and monitor marketing strategies to reach high potential investors in value-added energy processing in AIH;
- Plan, coordinate, lead and participate in investor attraction events and missions, both nationally and internationally (extensive travel is required);
- Inform and educate potential investors on AIH attributes and competitive advantages, and provide relevant information to enquiring investors;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including AIHA member municipalities, industry representatives, key Government of Alberta ministries and other organizations supportive of AIHA’s investment attraction efforts;
- Provide client-focused hosting of potential investors visiting the region;
- Stewardship of AIHA’s investor/client management systems; and
- Identify information gaps and develop RFP’s for areas of technical study, and act as client contact for technical studies commissioned by AIHA.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business or an economic development/marketing-related field;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, with a successful track record of progressively more responsibility in economic development, investor attraction and/or marketing;
- Experience in working effectively with both public sector and industry representatives;
- Strong understanding of North American energy trends and Western Canadian energy infrastructure;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Western Canadian NGL production and Alberta petrochemical investment opportunities;
- Knowledge of the Industrial Heartland region, the companies that operate here, transportation and infrastructure assets;
- Demonstrable leadership skills that are conducive to collaboration with investors and other key stakeholders;
- Understanding of investment opportunities complimentary to the existing assets in Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, in addition to hydrocarbon processing opportunities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger investment attraction team;
- Strong understanding and proficiency in using electronic based marketing and sales tools;
- Superior written and oral communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional attitude;
- High ethical standards with an honest, open-minded approach to working with co-workers and stakeholders; and
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods of time as required.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Applications for this position will be accepted until noon MST on Friday, April 6, 2018.
Applications, including a cover letter and resume, and any questions that you may have, must be submitted in electronic format to:
Stacy Powell, Office Manager Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association