Today in Fort Saskatchewan, AIHA Chair and Mayor Gale Katchur joined representatives from Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) to announce $70.6 million in funding for nine projects selected through the ERA Oil Sands Innovation Challenge.
The projects were selected through a competitive process and were required to include an oil sands producer as the lead applicant or as a substantial partner. A total of 47 projects submitted applications.
The following projects are selected for funding:
- Suncor Energy Inc. – High temperature membranes for steam-assisted gravity drainage water treatment
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited – In-pit extraction process
- Enlighten Innovations (formerly Field Upgrading Ltd.) – CLEANSEAS™ demonstration project
- Heavy Oil Solutions Inc. with Cenovus Energy Inc. – Partial upgrader with integrated water treatment
- MEG Energy – eMVAPEX pilot, phase 3
- Cenovus Energy Inc. – Flash Steam Generation field prototype
- Imperial – Enhanced bitumen recovery technology pilot
- ConocoPhillips Canada – Non-condensable gas co-injection for thief zone mitigation
- Cenovus Energy Inc. – Multi-pad pilot of a solvent-aided process