The 2018 AIHA Annual Stakeholder Event was a huge success! With over 600 attendees, four feature speakers, six industry updates and a frank and funny keynote speaker, the day was filled with memorable moments and valuable networking opportunities. The AIHA Board of Directors and staff thank you for your support. We also offer a big thank you to our event sponsors for making this year’s event possible.
2018 Event Presentations:
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD the presentations and to view the Inter Pipeline animated video.
Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, MP
Minister of Infrastructure and Communities
Bob Masterson, President and CEO
Chemistry Industry Association of Canada
Honourable James Moore, Senior Advisor
Kerry Margetts, President
North West Red Water Partnership
Jim Madro, Senior Vice President
Jarrod Beztilny, Vice President
Brad Kohlsmith, Vice President
Allan Fogwill, President & CEO
Canadian Energy Research Institute
Lisa Doig, Vice President
Catherine Rothrock, Chief Economist
Government of Alberta
Mark Plamondon, Executive Director
Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association
Photos from the 2018 Event:
About the Annual Stakeholder Event:
Alberta’s Industrial Heartland is Canada’s largest hydrocarbon processing region and a key contributor to the provincial and national economy. This year marks the 20th anniversary of our Stakeholder Event, which has evolved from a local luncheon to a globally attended conference. The 2018 Stakeholder Event will focus on the past, present, and future of diversification and investment in the Heartland region.
The AIHA Annual Stakeholder Event is a full-day networking conference offering attendees an opportunity to engage with industry experts and elected officials. The program is designed to highlight the successes of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland region and to provide information on opportunities for investment in the Industrial Heartland. With over 600 attendees and a world-class line up of speakers, the event delivers industry insight and sector expertise in a comprehensive, comfortable format.
Who Attends Our Event:
- Federal, provincial and municipal elected officials
- Industry experts and company CEOs
- Senior staff from government and industry, including AB Economic Development and Trade, Municipal Affairs, Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, and Environment and Parks
- Representatives from industry partners, like Northeast Capital Industrial Association, Strathcona Industrial Association and Leduc/Nisku Economic Development Association
- Associated industry partners, like Chemical Industry Association of Canada, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, and the Canadian Heavy Oil Association
- Individuals, associations and consulting firms invested in the Industrial Heartland