AIHA Annual Stakeholder Event
Thursday, January 25, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Edmonton Expo Centre
7515 118 Ave NW (View Map)
Celebrating 20 Years of Diversification and Investment
Alberta’s Industrial Heartland is Canada’s largest hydrocarbon processing region and a key contributor to the provincial and national economy.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of our Stakeholder Event, which has evolved from a local luncheon to a globally attended conference. The 2018 Stakeholder Event will focus on the past, present, and future of diversification and investment in the Heartland region.
About The Event
The AIHA Annual Stakeholder Event is a full-day networking conference offering attendees an opportunity to engage with industry experts and elected officials. The program is designed to highlight the successes of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland region and to provide information on opportunities for investment in the Industrial Heartland. With over 600 attendees and a world-class line up of speakers, the event delivers industry insight and sector expertise in a comprehensive, comfortable format.
Who Attends Our Event
- Federal, provincial and municipal elected officials
- Industry experts and company CEOs
- Senior staff from government and industry, including AB Economic Development and Trade, Municipal Affairs, Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, and Environment and Parks
- Representatives from industry partners, like Northeast Capital Industrial Association, Strathcona Industrial Association and Leduc/Nisku Economic Development Association
- Associated industry partners, like Chemical Industry Association of Canada, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, and the Canadian Heavy Oil Association
- Individuals, associations and consulting firms invested in the Industrial Heartland
Full lineup and schedule coming soon.
Keynote Speaker: Rex Murphy
Rex MurphyCanadian’s are treated to weekly commentary from Rex on CBC’s The National along with his Saturday column in the National Post. He’s also acted as an editorial contributor to CBC Radio’s Definitely Not the Opera. For over 20 years he was the host and moderator of CBC Radio’s Cross Country Checkup. The show brought over 1 million listeners and at times 15,000 callers wanting to join in discussions.
As a speaker, Rex radiates intelligence and trustworthiness. His endearing style brings forth a sarcastic intellect and deep insight into issues affecting individuals and businesses. Audiences can expect to be simultaneously informed and entertained by Rex’s provocative commentary. He knows what makes Canadians tick, and what drives our political and social affairs. Rex makes us important, reminds us we have culture beyond hockey. His thought-provoking, sometimes stinging commentary and original insights are delivered through a vocabulary to make Webster’s consider updating.
A Rhodes scholar, Rex was born and raised in St. John’s, Nfld., where he graduated from Memorial University. In 1968, he went to Oxford University, along with former U.S. President Bill Clinton. Rex later ran twice in provincial elections and lost both times. Maybe he was too honest?
Cost and Important Dates
- Early Bird – $150/person – Available November 15, 2017 to January 9, 2018
- Regular Rate – $200/person – Available January 10 to January 19, 2018
- Table of Ten – $1,500 – FULL tables only. LIMITED available until January 9, 2018 (*NOTE: Booking a Table of Ten allows you reserved table seating*)
- All registration names must be updated by January 17, 2018. After this date, name tags will be printed as entered.